blog

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Happenings and a Drawing for a free prize



Women Connections and Communities
Fall knitting classes started this past week and what a treat seeing my students re-connecting after summer break and making new connections as new students arrive!
What an inspiration observing these little communities of women form, seeing creativity come alive, and watching each student flower and bloom!

A Baby Gnome Appears!
Several Baby Gnomes have made an appearance since the Baby Gnome Workshop! Here’s one that Lynn made:


He's so adorable!



She made him as a gift to go along with this cute sweater (free pattern from Lion-Brand at www.lionbrand.com) and booties:










Mixed Up Miters Scarf Workshop
I’m planning a Workshop on how to make a new scarf I’ve designed called “Mixed Up Miters Scarf”. There is a picture of the scarf in progress at the top of the page. Here’s a close-up:

It has a combination of plain garter stitch squares and mitered garter stitch squares, easy but with just enough variety to keep you challenged! In the workshop you will learn how to do a mitered square and how to combine it with a plain square with NO sewing!






A Little Mystery and Contest
I’ve also designed a special edging for it. During the workshop, you will make a little miniature set of the squares. Since I always like to make something useful when I’m teaching a technique, the little miniature will be turned into:
Can you guess what it is???






I’ll tell you more in my next post…and you can see if you guessed correctly!!
Here’s a little contest: Post a comment (or email me at notesfromknitclass@gmail.com and I’ll post your comment for you) with your guess. On Saturday November 23, I’ll put your name in a drawing for a set of my Yarn Moments of Beauty note card sets!

Dates for the Mixed Up Miters Workshop are:
AM: Monday November 29 at 11 AM
PM: Wed. November 17 at 7:30 PM
Cost: $20
Email me at notesfromknitclass@gmail.com if you want more information or would like to sign up.



So, dear knitters, friends, and family,
Are you in any warm and supportive communities? If so, let your gratitude show.
And, if you’re not, do seek some out; you each deserve that warmth and love. Look into classes, book clubs, church or synagogue small groups, or just invite some neighbors over to get to know each other. Relationships matter…relish them!
Mary




Fall Happenings and a Drawing for a free prizeSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

11 comments:

  1. Ooo - I'm guessing it's a bag to hold buttons, stitch markers and other notions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, is it a handbag?
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking it's a purse, like Juliette, only for a doll, not a human!
    Gail M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could it be a key purse??
    Mary Louise B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, is it a coin purse?

    Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy is wondering if it's a pocketbook...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm wondering if it could be an IPod holder?
    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it is a coin purse you'd button into a bag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it a change holder or a holder for the new small
    I-Pod?
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at the picture, I think it might be a coffee mug holder.
    C. S.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it is a little pocket to button on to a button hole to hold anything special near by.

    LaDonna

    ReplyDelete