blog

Monday, May 11, 2009

A shrug vest with sleeves (free pattern for sleeves) and another student project.

I have a finished project to "show off"! My Baby Alpaca Grande Vest is done (you can see what others have done with this pattern on Ravelry at http://tinyurl.com/ptqkvt ). I bought the pattern from L & B Yarn Co. (http://tinyurl.com/pn39kg ).
I decided to add sleeves to it and have written up a pattern for what I have done. So, if you decide to buy the pattern and make this vest, you can download my sleeve pattern for free here:


). And, here are some pictures:














About 10 of my students are making this shrug/vest. Marion, one of my Tuesday morning students brought in her finished one so I had to take a picture. Didn't she do a great job!?
Bonnie, one of my Monday morning students, just finished a vest.
Isn't it cute? She did a beautiful job!

















Oh, here's a picture for another clue for the mystery project that I made:
So, I use it to hold something and it's VERY little...any guesses yet??

If you want me to email you when I put up my next installment (post) please let me know in a comment. I'll then add you to the notify list.

Well, off to knit and hopefully finish some more projects....
Mary
A shrug vest with sleeves (free pattern for sleeves) and another student project.SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

  1. Mary,

    Your vest is really pretty, but why don't we have a picture of you wearing it?? It would be neat to see it on your trim figure to get an idea of how it fits and what it looks like with sleeves versus the one that Marion made without sleeves. I'll be happy to take a picture with your modeling it!!

    Also, why isn't Bonnie modeling her vest? It's really pretty and I love the design at the hem. It would be great to see it on a live model!

    Well it seems that the mystery project is a little coin purse maybe? (Do I get a free one since I maybe guessed correctly?)

    I can't wait to see what other projects you will soon finish!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear annonymous,
    Good guess on the mystery...but...nope, that's not what it is, although it would probably hold a few dimes!!

    Actually, dear husband took some pictures of me wearing the vest with sleeves but I cropped out a lot of "me" to show the details of the sleeve!
    I'll have to ask Bonnie to model her vest.

    See you in class tonight.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete